1. CNBC Real-time – Free app that allows you to view real-time quotes before, during and after market hours. Other features include watching CNBC video clips, viewing charts, and managing a watch list.
2. Yahoo! Finance – Yahoo’s free stock app offers the best of Yahoo Finance on your iPhone. I leave Yahoo Finance open on my computer throughout the day and the App is just as good. Manage a watchlist, view videos, research stocks, and more.
3. E*TRADE Mobile – Free app that connects you to your E*TRADE account for trading anytime, anywhere. E*TRADE has the best mobile app out of any of the brokers which is why it is featured (full Etrade Review on StockBrokers.com).
4. Mint – Free app that allows you to view your mint.com account right on your iPhone. Manage your bank accounts, credit cards, set budgets, goals, and more. Mint was bought out by Intuit in 2009.
5. Chase Mobile – Your bank’s mobile app is always a must have free app. Highlighting the Chase app, you can find Chase branches, ATMs, or sign in to view your credit card bills and/or bank statements, make payments, transfer money, etc. For maximum convenience, Chase and Bank of America, amongst a few other banks, allow you to take a picture of your checks and deposit them via your iPhone.
6. Credit Karma – Free app which allows you to see your credit score for free without any catches or fine print (I’ve personally used the site for over two years now) and monitor credit updates as they are reported by the bureaus.
7. Bloomberg – Free app and the best app for international market news. Customizable homepage feature allows you to read any headlines for any market or Bloomberg category of your choice.
8. Paypal Mobile – Free app that allows you to manage your Paypal account via your iPhone. Transfer money to and from your bank, send money securely to other paypal members, view your history, and more.
9. Zillow Loan Calculator – Free app that allows you to quickly calculate a mortgage, total interest, etc. This the best mortgage calculator app for free and it comes from Zillow which is an awesome site to search for new homes.
10. EZ Financial Calculators – Great for quickly calculating tips when eating out. The app also has a variety of other calculators including a loan calculator, currency converter, retirement calculator, and a auto loan calculator, among others.
I have personally been using the iPhone for years now and these free top stock iPhone apps definitely stand out among their peers. With thousands of apps to choose from I focused on the best apps within specific groups for example mobile banking and online stock trading.
Do you have a favorite app for stocks that was not included above? Share your thoughts via comment below and let us know your pick.